Welcome/ 歡迎。

Welcome. Let us remember the Hong Kong of yesterday and today. 歡迎。讓我們一起記住昨日和今日的香港。
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DisappearingHongKong
Please like!

Monday 1 October 2012

First Words

Hi everyone,

Welcome to my humble blog. 

You may wonder why, as a person not living in Hong Kong, I will like to blog something that is not my native city. 

As a Singaporean, I should write something about the island city. 

But I feel that at this time, if I write more, I will be "Uncle Agony". By the way, I am 32 years old. 

Okay, back to main topic.The title "Disappearing Hong Kong", was derived from the Facebook status of a Hong Kong actor, Chapman To. He wrote that years later, his generation will be the last of the "Hong Kongers". It sounds disheartening but this is the truth. Hong Kong, will be just an ordinary Chinese city like Shanghai. It will happen sooner or later. The timeline that the late Deng Xiaopeng gave  (2047 A.D), for Hong Kong to adopt a "One Country, Two Systems" will lapse. Some estimate 8 years later.

And that becomes my source of motivation to start this blog.

Here I am, writing something to leave a digital footprint. To a city whose people treasure good Chinese  social values, as the cause for them to fight for what they believe for. I will not write anything political here, but just plain cultural, historical food and many humanity aspects of this "Pearl of the Orient". 

Come with me on this journey.  


Snapshot of Hong Kong Actor, Chapman Toh's Facebook status, regarding "Last of the Hong Kongers".

No comments:

Post a Comment